What You Will Need:
2 cups flour
3/4 cup salt
4 teaspoons cream of tartar
2 cups water
2 Tablespoons of oil (any type is fine)
Food coloring, optional
1. Mix the flour, salt and cream of tarter in a saucepan.
Add the water and oil.
2. If you're only using one color, add the food coloring now.
3. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the dough is thick and the consistency of play dough (2-3 minutes)
4. Let it cool and then knead until smooth.
5. If you're adding colors after, divide the dough into ziplock bags and add food coloring to the bags. Knead the dough inside the bag so it doesn't stain your hands.
6. Once the colors are mixed in, its PLAY TIME!